- There should be one (1) computer per student,
plus one (1) computer for the instructor.
(If you prefer that the instructor bring and use his personal laptop,
that is OK, just let us know in advance.)
- Any operating system is OK.
- Each computer must have whichever C++ compiler the students would regularly use.
The help system for that compiler must be installed on each computer.
- Each computer must have whichever SDE (software development environment) the students would regularly use.
- The instructor's computer must be networked to the students' computers.
- The instructor's computer must have a shared drive so that the instructor can put files there which will be readable by all the students' computers.
- The instructor's computer must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed.
- The instructor's computer must have Winzip (or Pkzip) installed.
- The instructor's computer must have internet access.
- The instructor's computer must be able to access web-based email (e.g. mail.yahoo.com).
Projector (to display image on instructor's monitor).
Acceptable compilers for the C++ courses include (but are not limited to):
Here is Bjarne Stroustrup's list of C++ compilers.
Please ask us if you have any questions about C++ compilers.